Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Girls


<---Sandy, the Ameraucana.
The girls are a trip. I put a small piece of lettuce in their brooder and they scattered. They were not sure what that thing was. Well, the two curious critters, the Australorps, went to check it out...then the game was on. One grabbed it and ran, all the other girls were chasing her. Then another one got it from her and ran...the pursuit continued until they decided they could all put it down and attack it LOL
*
Lilly still has a bit of a pasty butt so I am checking her every couple of hours. She is doing great aside from that. She eats, drinks, sleeps and plays as well as the next. So, I clean her up when and if she needs it. I already have plans in my mind for a larger brooder for the girls. They will outgrow their tote befor they can go outside. If I make it right, I could use it for a rabbit or for Cheyenne to get another rat for her room. We will see.
*
Today will be "clean the brooder" day so the girls will all get to come out of the brooder and play on the floor with Cheyenne while I clean the brooder and replace the bedding. We will see how that goes. hahahahaha There will be new pics of the girls.
*
More chicken news to come...