Friday, April 4, 2008

A few minutes outside



It was nice, warm and sunny out today so I took three of the girls outside for about 10 minutes. I took the three flyers at 16 days old. Maggie, Molly and Speckles fly up to the top of the brooder whenever I open it so, I took them out first. They had a blast once they got up the courage to start looking around. They enjoyed the hummingbird buzzing around, playing with the grass and the rocks. Maggie and Molly were the most curious, Speckles ran to perch on Cheyenne's hand to see if it was safe. After the girls started looking around, it was a fiht to get them to come back inside. However, once I got about 5 feet away from them, they came running. So back inside they went. Tomorrow if it is nice out again, I will take the other three girls out for a few minutes.

*

They are growing so fast. They are looking a big ragged right now as they loose their fluff and get feathers. They are really a joy to have around, although messy! I have to clean their waterer out about every 2 hours because they kick it full of shavings. LOL

*

More chicken news as they grow!